Cycling Date: 26-July-09
Mileage: 80 miles
Weather: Mostly cloudy. Winds strong out of the south. Brief showers & thunderstorms later in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s.
Highlights of the day:
– Crossed the Hudson River today, seems we’ve finally made it back east. Roads were a bit rough in New York but the scenery more than made up for it. Rolling hills. Green and lush. Beautiful.
– Crossed our 11th border and into our 12th state. Vermont. Back into the mountains. Green Mountains to be exact.
– Bennington. Moose (meese?) statues. Painted moose (meese?). Van Gogh. Pirates. And even hippie. Hey, it is Vermont.
– Some nice long climbs. One to the top of Hogback Mountain. “100 mile view” of three states. Vermont, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
– A very nice descent into Brattleboro, VT. Mostly down hill for the better part of 14 miles. Non-technical. Just fun. 🙂